You will have diverse responsibilities in hands-on laboratory experimentation supporting the development and characterization of an incredible miniature GCMS platform. There is a mix of routine experimental method development for new applications/opportunities, as well as instrument setup, checkout, maintenance and analytical method characterization. We strongly relish collaboration with the extended analytical team, but are specifically seeking candidates with sufficient experience to work toward goals with minimal supervision.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Seasoned, expert developer of GCMS, GC FID, GC TCD methods including system maintenance and component selection, and setup of gas/liquid handling equipment such as vacuum pumps, gas/liquid lines, valves/fittings/columns/etc.
- Knowledge and adherence to best-practices in analytical chemistry in solid and liquid handling, gravimetric and volumetric standards preparation, development of SOP’s, pipetting, use and maintenance of microbalances.
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, a data-driven approach to problem solving, and take great personal pride in your work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for dissemination of information, and documenting designs, procedures and progress.
- Disciplined testing/troubleshooting of multifaceted systems using test equipment.
- BS+ in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, or other related hands-on technical discipline.