908 Devices is developing extraordinary handheld devices for chemical analysis. Founded by a seasoned team with demonstrated successes, and backed by top tier venture capital and government collaborators, we are looking to welcome more high-talent contributors to our team. You’ll have the opportunity for spirited collaboration and rapid growth with a company at the forefront of the field.
We are looking for a talented and competitive Inside Sales Representative/Sales Administrator that thrives in a startup environment.
The successful candidate will join a strong sales team supporting existing and future 908 Devices product lines. An Inside Sales Representative/Sales Administrator will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. The candidate must be comfortable working within a team and making and receiving dozens of calls per day. The primary responsibilities will be to develop or assist in the development of sales opportunities for 908 Devices’ safety and security products and services. Additional responsibilities include researching, developing and identifying new sales opportunities, providing general customer support, providing daily support to the field sales team, managing and maintaining the sales database, coordinating sales efforts related to conferences and workshop events and other related administrative duties. This person will also work closely with our marketing, training and technical services and product management teams to keep them appraised of sales activities, customer needs and market feedback. 908 Devices serve a broad range of markets and needs, so experience communicating with operationally focused users is a distinct advantage.
Emphasis is on the handheld chemical identification market, specifically state and local, federal and defense and international CBRNE.
- Fostering a positive image of 908 Devices among customers
- Being familiar with customer needs and requirements
- Researching, Developing and identifying new sales opportunities and potential accounts through outbound cold calls and emails
- Routing qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales representative for further development and closure
- Supporting outside sales team by providing daily administrative assistance, including creating price quotations or informational responses, responding to customer inquiries, maintaining informational databases and providing general follow-up.
- Selling 908 Devices products and solutions, to include Extended Warranty & Support Services, Training Offerings, Parts and Accessories.
- Closing business and achieving quota goals
- Research accounts and opportunities, identifying key players and generating interest in 908 Devices products and solutions
- Maintaining and expanding 908 Devices’ database of prospects
- Maintaining and improving CRM (Salesforce.com) by following standards; recommending improved policies and procedures.
- Accomplishing and/or assisting in the accomplishment department and organization goals
- Occasionally supporting on-site sales calls, product demonstrations and attending trade-show events
- 10+ years of practical work experience; preferred defense/security industry
- Proven inside sales experience with a track record of success
- Experience developing, qualifying, and responding to sales leads from various sources
- New business development and account management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing and emailing
- Competent understanding of corporate productivity tools; e.g. Microsoft Office
- Experience managing and coordinating activities via Salesforce.com
- Basic understanding CBRNE instrumentation and their related applications
- Some self-governance is expected, but the successful candidate will be operating in an interdisciplinary team environment in most activities.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Occasional travel may be required within the United States and Canada (<10%)
The position will be based in the United States; preference is in Eastern US.