908 Devices is building ridiculously simple and elegant analytical devices in the mass spectrometry space that are transforming life sciences and field forensics. This role is for a talented and experienced product manager for our cutting-edge ZipChip platform.
Desired Skills & Experience
- You are a problem solver and can see around corners.
- You’ve done this before. You have experience in the life sciences space, especially around market assessments, product launches, and product maintenance, and ideally in the MS, LC or CE space.
- You have been a life scientist (you actually never stop do you?), or have spent a lot of time talking to scientists in the life-science arena.
- You are bilingual – you can talk science and marketing.
- You have great interpersonal skills.
- You love getting stuff done and off your shoe.
- You are not scared of a time crunch.
- You enjoy reading, writing, and maybe even some math.
- You relish finding a unique way to communicate a compelling product story.
- You can tell a joke. Bonus points if it is actually funny.
- You are thirsty for a small company experience.
- You love bringing order where there is a little rocket fueled chaos.
- You can chat on any channel – slack, email, txt, phone, video – and sometimes simultaneously!
A few more specifics about responsibilities– because you are detail oriented:
- Define the vision for a product and own the entire product life cycle
- Converse comfortably on the science being done with the ZipChip platform
- Figure out what a customer actually needs through market analysis, KOLS and independent research and then capitalize through product creation and refinement
- Interact fluidly with R&D on product development
- Development of product collateral, including authoring content
- Engage extensively with a direct sales force and channel partners, including development of training programs and sales tools
- Analyze, understand and exploit competitive opportunities
- Work closely with operations and support on product supply and service
- 5+ years of product management experience in the life sciences, including product launch and product maintenance.
- Experience with mass spectrometry, capillary electrophoresis, and chromatography.
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- MSc. or PhD in a life sciences field.