908 Devices is developing extraordinary handheld devices for chemical analysis. Founded by a seasoned team with demonstrated successes, and backed by top tier venture capital and government collaborators, we are looking to welcome more high-talent contributors to our team. You’ll have the opportunity for spirited collaboration and rapid growth with a company at the forefront of the field.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Product Management to manage 908’s line of handheld chemical identification products within our Safety & Security vertical.
The successful candidate will have the responsibility for global product planning and execution throughout the product(s) lifecycle for the safety and security portfolio. A Director of Product Management will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives by working very closely with various departments within 908 Devices, including sales, marketing, engineering and service/support. The position is accountable for ensuring the product(s) and related marketing efforts of the Safety & Security products support the company’s overall strategy and goals. The candidate should be able to thrive in a fast paced, start-up environment.
Requirements & Qualifications
- BSc in Chemistry; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of practical work experience; preferred defense/security industry
- Experience developing and managing field-operated chemical detection/identification products
- Advanced understanding CBRNE instrumentation and their related applications
- Background and experience in chromatography-based technologies
- Strong communication written and verbal communication skills
- Solid track record of working with and fostering relations with related intercompany departments; including sales, engineering, marketing and service/support.
- Experience overseeing a diverse product portfolio with a global sales channel
- Competent understanding of corporate productivity tools
- Minimum of 25% travel expected
- The position will be based in the United States; preference is in Boston, MA
- Fostering a positive image of 908 Devices among customers and partners
- Manage products for the Safety & Security vertical market, including but not limited to Defense, CBRNE, Hazmat and Law Enforcement.
- Defining product vision for each market segment
- Increasing profitability of existing product lines to meet company financial goals
- Developing new products to meet emerging global market requirements
- Meeting global customer satisfaction goals by working in partnership with sales, marketing, engineering and service/support
- Developing market requirements and strategies for the global business
- Developing product requirements for each product line within the Safety & Security portfolio
- Managing entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, ensuring the features and functionality of the portfolio meet customer/market needs
- Conducting market research, surveys, and customer/prospect visits to understand and specifying business requirements for target market segments and applications
- Driving an integrated roadmap across various sales groups and distribution channels; working with engineering and other internal departments
- Analyzing competitive offerings to identify differentiators and set pricing
- Collaborating with marketing to create, launch and support messaging, materials and campaigns that drive sales and enhance the products positions in the market
- Supporting the sales team and channel partners by conducting and/or supporting sales calls, product demonstrations and attending tradeshow events
- Writing proposals and responding to technical requests for information
- Maintaining and developing product price lists