908 Devices is bringing the powerful capabilities of Mass Spectrometry out of the confines of centralized facilities and mobile laboratories. We make battery-operated, handheld, chemical detection tools, rugged enough to exceed military standards and trusted enough for immediate action in the field. For biologists and chemists in need of answers, we make personal analyzers, small and simple enough for every work-space.
We are currently looking for a Shipping and Receiving Coordinator for our Operations team. This person will be responsible for all functions associated with shipping and receiving that are essential to the smooth operation of the company.
The successful candidate will be able to perform domestic and international shipping of hazardous materials and be familiar with UPS world ship and Fed-ex hazmat programs. This position requires experience performing shipping and receiving transactions with an ERP system, experience with Net Suite is a plus. This position will be based in our Boston, MA facility.
- Responsible for domestic and international shipping and receiving activity in our facility
- Accountable for coordinating shipping and receiving at a North Carolina and California facility’s
- Work with NetSuite our ERP system on all shipping and receiving transactions
- Responsible for daily Hazmat shipments of chemicals
- Work with freight forwards on shipments and deliveries at various locations around the world
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in all aspects of domestic and international shipping
- Familiar with UPS and Fed-EX hazmat shipping
- Familiarity with IATA and 49CFR shipping regulations
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with international tariff code classifications.
- Familiar with inventory control and shipping aspects of ERP systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing and continuous improvement principals
- Flexible and capable of dealing with multiple priorities.
- Able to work within a team environment of conflicting opinions, ideas and solutions and provide clear direction to reach alignment with all stakeholders.
- Background in shipping scientific instruments and ISO regulations a plus
- Previous experience with NetSuite desired.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Shipping Receiving Coordinator